Active Duty Benefits

Where to get started?

  1. Current Service Members should speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their Military Service prior to enrolling in classes at UConn.  
  2. To apply to UConn go to the Admissions website for Veterans and those currently in the Military.

How much does it cost to attend UConn?

Overview/Breakdown of Tuition and Fees for:

Net Price Calculator – this financial tool to helps plan for the expense of college at UConn

College Scorecard – this has the most reliable data on college costs, graduation and employment for UConn students and alumni

What resources are available to Active Duty Service Members to help pay for college?

  • Tuition Assistance: The University of Connecticut is proud to accept Tuition Assistance for members of the military. Tuition Assistance funds are a unique, distinct source of financial aid available to eligible Service members (Note: Tuition Assistance is “first payer” meaning that it is applied to students’ accounts prior to the application of other Financial Aid, such as a Pell Grant).
    To find out more about Tuition Assistance, please go to the DoD VolEd website which provides specific guidance about the program. 
  • Other Financial Aid:  Anyone using Tuition Assistance is also eligible to access other sources of Financial Aid (i.e. grants, scholarships, loans, etc.).  For more information about these other sources of Financial Aid and how to apply for them, go to UConn's Financial Aid webpage for Future Huskies.

How do I find out what additional requirements (i.e. training, experience, or exams) are required to obtain professional credentials and/or licensure necessary to obtain employment in a specific field, (i.e. Nursing or Education)?

  • For Undergraduate Degree Programs, prospective students can view the Course Catalog at and under “Majors” pull up the specific degree program.  For example, selecting “Elementary Education” includes detailed information about certification. 
  • Additional Advising information for schools and colleges is found on UConn's Advising website
  • UConn’s Professional Licensure/Certification Dashboard provides detailed information about which program curriculum meets the educational requirements for licensure by state.

Will credits from my JST (Joint Services Transcript) transfer to UConn?

Upon applying to UConn, please go to the Admissions page for Veterans and Military students which provides details about how to submit those transcripts.