Other Non-VA Benefits

Tuition Assistance

Students or potential students must speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) prior to enrollment.  Military TA (Tuition Assistance) is approved on a course-by-course basis and must be approved by your service prior to the start date of a course. Any course that a student enrolls in that is not approved for TA prior to the start of the course becomes the financial responsibility of the student. Please contact veterans@uconn.edu or financialaid@uconn.edu for additional information.

Military Spouses and Dependents

UConn’s Office of Veterans Affairs & Military Programs (VAMP) is available to assist military spouses and dependents with processing educational benefits (including Post 9/11 G.I. Bill) and for providing guidance while making the transition to UConn.  In particular, military spouses in Connecticut may be eligible for educational benefits listed below.  All VAMP support programs and facilities are open and available to all dependents.  Our population of military and veteran dependents is growing quickly here at UConn.  Come be a part!

In-State Tuition (military spouses and dependents):

The state of Connecticut provides for in-state tuition rates for members of the armed forces stationed in Connecticut under military orders, and their spouses and dependents.  Please contact the Office of Veterans Affairs & Military Programs at veterans@uconn.edu for more information about applying for in-state tuition, if you believe you are eligible for this benefit.

MyCAA - Military Spouse Career Advancement Account (military spouses):

UConn is a proud participant in the MyCAA program sponsored by the Department of Defense.  MyCAA is an employment assistance program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation.  For more information, please go to the MySECO  (Spouse Education and Career Opportunities) or view the MyCAA Fact Sheet.

Note to ROTC & Active Duty

Our office recognizes that service members or ROTC cadets may be utilizing benefits outside those managed by the VA and therefore supervised through our office.  Special programs such as the Army or Navy College funds are processed as ‘3rd party billing’ through the Bursars office in Wilbur Cross.