Veterans and Air/Army National Guard Members who meet certain criteria are eligible for tuition waivers at the University of Connecticut. Waivers cover only the costs of tuition for accredited programs at undergraduate and graduate levels. Other charges- such as books, student activities, room and board and parking are not covered.
National Guard Tuition Waiver:
The National Guard Tuition Waiver is available Fall and Spring terms.
To qualify for the Air/Army National Guard Tuition Waiver the veteran must meet both of the following requirements:
- Be a member in good standing of the Air/Army National Guard.
- Be accepted for admission on a full time or part-time basis in a undergraduate degree-granting program.
How do I apply?
- Students must contact their Education Service Officer at their National Guard Units to apply for the waiver.
Combat Veterans Tuition Waiver:
The Combat Veterans Tuition Waiver is available to students for Fall, Spring, Summer, and Winter Intersession Courses.
To receive the Combat Veterans Tuition Waiver, qualified veterans must be admitted to an undergraduate or a graduate degree program. The tuition waiver also applies toward UConn’s BGS and MBA programs. The amount of the waiver is the equivalent of the in state per credit tuition rate.
To qualify for the Combat Veterans Tuition Waiver, the veteran must meet all of the following requirements
- Be honorably discharged or released under honorable conditions from active service in the U.S. Armed Forces (U.S. Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and Cost Guard). National Guard members, activated under Title 10 of the United States Code, are also included.
- Have served at least 90 days active date in time of war (see Periods of Service at links below) except if separated from service earlier because of a federal Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) related service-connected disability; or the war, campaign or operation lasted less than 90 days and service was for the duration.
- Be accepted for admission and enrolled at the University of Connecticut.
- Be domiciled in Connecticut at the time of acceptance, which includes domicile for less than one year.
For additional information, visit the Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs.
How do I apply?
- Complete and return the Combat Veterans Tuition Waiver Form: :CT Combat Veteran Tuition Waiver Application
- Send a certified copy, notarized copy, or your original DD-214 (member 4) to our office to determine eligibility.
- Provide a copy of your Drivers License.
- Provide one of the following as proof of domicile:
- Copy of your vehicle registration
- Copy of your income tax return Form 1040
- Copy of your voter registration card